.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, February 11, 2005

 

Visiting SFU tonight

So I'm up at SFU tonight. Wow, memories. I used to spend professional days up here with my dad, mostly doing stupid things to computers that an 8-13 year-old shouldn't be doing, meeting his co-workers (some of whom still remember me, at least according to them at the dinner many of us shared while my dad was in town) and eating lunch in the staff room at the cafeteria.

Sarah, a friend of my roommate's who seems to tolerate my existence ( ;-) ) is editor for the arts section at SFU's student paper. Sarah is up here all night and needs to fill her section, so Natasha and I are up here hanging out with her. We brought bubble tea and a buritto.

The one idea we (ie, they) had for filling space that involved me was a critique of a movie Natasha and I saw recently. That sounded too much like a book report, so I am doing my usual geeky stuff. My offer to write something geeky wasn't enthusiastically received. They, not being as uncontrollably geeky are doing arts editor stuff, and writing some other stuff.

Hooray for stuff.

And boo to politics and drama impeding good things.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home